Rho Gammas

Rho Gammas

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Emily Marie - Better Late Than Never!

I chose to go through formal sorority recruitment as a sophomore. I hadn't heard about sorority life until it was too late to go through formal recruitment my first year. I chose to visit some of the chapter's informal events my second semester freshman year but ultimately thought it would be best to go through formal recruitment. I went into recruitment having a good idea of what chapter I wanted, but I still took the time to get to know each of the other chapters. As a sophomore I felt I knew more of what I wanted out of sorority life. Yes, I wanted more friends and a place to call home at UNI, but I also wanted a life long commitment. I wanted traditions and friends to last a lifetime. Which is exactly what I got. Being in a sorority changed the way I felt about UNI. I had a reason to stay on the weekends and I had friends and a family that made it feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment