Rho Gammas

Rho Gammas

Monday, August 4, 2014

Annie Gabriel - Second Chances

Growing up, I had always known I would be in a sorority; my mom had been in one and I always loved hearing how much that experience meant to her. Entering my freshman year at UNI, I quickly signed up for formal recruitment. I had some other things going on that weekend that I put before recruitment plus I wasn't sure I quite had the grades and regretfully, I dropped out of the formal recruitment process. Luckily, I had a second chance. I had a friend who joined a chapter and told me that I could still join informally! I worked extremely hard that first semester of school so that when I went to informal recruitment in the spring, I wouldn't have anything holding me back. Since joining a sorority, I have worked extremely hard to keep my grades up and be the best version of myself for my chapter. Not only am I proud to be a part of my sorority, but I know that they are proud of me in return. I am surrounded by an entire community of women who inspire and push me every day. I am so proud to be a part of the UNI Fraternity and  Sorority Life community!

No comments:

Post a Comment