Rho Gammas

Rho Gammas

Monday, August 4, 2014

Kara Michelle - Finding A Home

I came to UNI my sophomore year and it was a huge adjustment. Everyone had already established their friend groups so I spent a lot of time in my dorm, I know kind of sad. Second semester I became very home sick, and I had a couple girls in my class who were in a sorority. We talked about it and I asked how they joined. I ended up going to their informal recruitment. I fell in love with the house and the connections I made immediately, and I realized how much a sorority could benefit me as a person. I have had the best experience and I know college could never be the same if I would have never joined a sorority. What I pay for I get back through mixers, formals, philanthropy, and house projects. I find it very easy to manage my time. Using those Greek study table and holding myself accountable to get good grades. My dad was very supportive, help saw this was something I really wanted to do, but my mom was skeptical. Since joining she has seen me grow and value the connections I have made. Being in a sorority has helped my grades and my GPA has improved. I have mentors, and study hours that help me stay on track. Even as a Senior I appreciate every little bit of help. Living in a sorority house is probably one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. However you don't have to live in the sorority house, but I would recommend it! I formed closer friendship living with sisters in the house and there is always something to do or someone to hang out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment